I work in tech and write about a lot of things. Views are my own.
My interest areas: software engineering, business analysis, digital marketing, data analytics, online-to-offline and gig/sharing economy.
I am engineering at Uber. I’ve also previously worked at NICTA, IBM, Delivery Hero and a few other places. I graduated from the University of New South Wales with a double-degree in software engineering and commerce.
I live and work in a couple of wonderful places such as San Francisco, California, Sydney, Australia and Hong Kong. I’m an Australian citizen who travelled much of Asia and Oceania, and looking forward to visit the rest of the world.
I love getting to know people around the world. (Many of my best friends and even great loves are people who I met when they emailed to introduce themselves.)
Other interesting facts of Daniel:
- Born in Hong Kong.
- Messed with computers since 5.
- My first internet search was Tamiya at 1997, the company that released Beat-Magnum (ビートマグナム), a Mini 4WD toy car.
- My two favorite computer games are Dune 2 and the Age of Empires Series.
- Self taught web development and built my first web site from scratch at age 12.
- Attended CS courses via gifted university program at age 13.
- I went to UIUC for student exchange after reading the book, Softwar: An Intimate Portrait of Larry Ellison and Oracle.